This online course will provide you with an introduction to the technologies required for developing applications for the World Wide Web (WWW), including dynamic and mobile content. You will be equipped with the knowledge and skills required to modify a website and to create a project plan for the development of a defined web application.
Delivery type2019Trimester 2 & 3 2019
Allow 10-12 hours study time per week for each 20 credit course.
Cost2019NZ students $1,248 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $3,853 + $60 annual administration fee
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
Students who successfully completed this course will be able to
- Apply the standards and protocols, and define the security issues associated with Web applications
- Describe the nature of static and dynamic content, and apply different approaches in serving content for a Web application
- Apply and understand the basic modes of operation of Web application client-server models
- Analyse and understand the requirements of producing a simple Web application, focusing on the usability and accessibility of the Web application
- Evaluate and use a range of design tools and techniques for the development of an application
- Create a project plan by defining a suitable architecture, design components and standards, development process, version control, and implementation of a Web application
- Create a mobile application that transforms contents and integrates services
This programme is delivered online so you will need to have regular access to a computer or device, a reliable broadband internet connection and a data plan to be able to support your online learning. You will need to stream videos, download content and submit assessments online. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
This course is 100% internally assessed
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
Lecturer / Tutor
You can do this course as part of these qualifications: