The aim of this online course is to introduce the student to object-oriented software development that helps enable individuals and teams to meet user requirements. This online course will focus on current analytical techniques and processes essential for specifying, designing and implementing a software system, including a graphical user interface (GUI).
Delivery type2019Trimester 2 & 3 2019
Allow 10-12 hours study time per week for each 20 credit course.
Cost2019NZ students $1,248 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $3,853 + $60 annual administration fee
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to
- Explain and apply the principles, concepts and techniques associated with object-oriented software development, and user interface development
- Analyse and specify requirements for designing and developing a conceptual model and an initial structural model
- Identify the key elements of problems and apply relevant techniques in designing an appropriate model
- Apply programming skills to develop an object-oriented program, using Java, that meets user specifications
- Create effective documentation for the development process
This programme is delivered online so you will need to have regular access to a computer or device, a reliable broadband internet connection and a data plan to be able to support your online learning. You will need to stream videos, download content and submit assessments online. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
This course is 100% internally assessed.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications: