This online course will provide you with the basic concepts and skills associated with using an object-oriented approach to programming using the Java programming language. The focus of this online course is on those aspects of the Java language that best demonstrate object-oriented principles and good practice.
Delivery type2019Trimester 2 & 3 2019
Allow 10-12 hours study time per week for each 20 credit course.
Cost2019NZ students $1,248 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $3,853 + $60 annual administration fee
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
When you have successfully completed this online course, you will be able to
- Develop an understanding of the main principles, concepts and techniques associated with the Java programming language
- Identify key elements of problems and construct appropriate object-oriented software solutions
- Accomplish a range of software development tasks using software tools such as Java Integrated development Environment (IDE)
- Write simple object-oriented code using Java code and syntax
- Apply appropriate techniques for error handling, program design and debugging
- Apply problem-solving techniques to design object-oriented software solutions.
Access to the internet is required for this course.
100% internally assessed.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications: