This online course will provide you with the mathematical knowledge and skills needed to support the essential elements of information technology. You will develop an appreciation of mathematical concepts and strategies to solve a wide range of mathematical problems.
Delivery type2019Trimester 2 & 3 2019
Allow approximately 15-20 hours study time per week for each 30 credit course. Your workload may be higher around assessment due dates or exam time.
Cost2019NZ students $1,248 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $3,853 + $60 annual administration fee
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
Students who successfully complete this online course will be able to
- Demonstrate and apply basic mathematical concepts covering a range of categories, including algebra, trigonometry, geometry, differential and integral, sequences and series
- Solve for a range of mathematical problems utilising the appropriate strategies
- Demonstrate competency in the use of a computer algebra system, to resolve a range of mathematical problems
- Utilise logical and mathematical reasoning to develop sound arguments
Course content will include
- Graphs and equations
- Geometry and vectors
- Sequences and series
- This course is 100% internally assessed
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.