This online course will introduce you to the comprehensive aspects of shared information, social computing and real-time online communications. You will develop a critical appreciation of the impact of computer technologies on modern society.
Delivery type2019Trimester 2 2019
Allow 10-12 hours study time per week for each 20 credit course.
Cost2019NZ students $730 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $2,254 + $60 annual administration fee
Students who successfully complete this online course will be able to
- Explain the fundamental concepts, principles and techniques associated with information technology
- Describe the impact of communication technologies on society
- Exploit the application of online asynchronous and synchronous communication technologies
- Produce reports, based on study and analysis, expressing cognizant and reasoned arguments
- Analyse data and perform calculations using appropriate numerical and mathematical skills
- Develop, modify and test programs for small computer-based systems
Course content will include
- Creation of audiovisual content to be shared
- New technologies and standards for online collaboration
- Online shared information and real-time online communication
- Data analysis and presentation
- Configuration and programming of computer-based systems
- This course is 100% internally assessed
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.