This course will introduce you to the concepts of information technology, personalized information and the creation, distribution and storage of reliable data. You will learn how to write simple programs that enable computers to perform a range of functions in a controlled environment.
Cost2019NZ students $730 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $2,254 + $60 annual administration fee
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
Topics covered include
- Data and information creation, distribution and storage
- Internet structure and computer communication processes
- Computer behaviours as a function of software used
- Technologies and standards for online collaboration
- Online tutor-led group discussion forum
- Information literacy skills and data interpretation
- Configuration and programming of computers.
When you have successfully completed this course, you will be able to:
- Describe fundamental concepts, principles, techniques and terminology associated with computers and digital technology
- Explain the implications of social and technological changes associated with information technology
- Explain the legal and ethical issues associated with the processing, storage and communication of information
- Manage shared online documents to facilitate collaboration between various users and devices
- Participate co-operatively in a group discussion process that results in a collective decision
- Develop information literacy skills and interpret data in a variety of forms
- Configure and program small computer-based systems.
Access to the internet and a scientific calculator are required for this course.
We will provide you with online learning materials, a DVD-ROM and a SenseBoard hardware kit that you will need for this course.
This course is 100% internally assessed.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.