This course will provide you with the mathematical knowledge and skills needed to support the essential elements of information technology.
Delivery type2019Trimester 1, 2 & 3 2019
Allow 10-12 hours study time per week for each 20 credit course.
Cost2019NZ students $730 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $2,254 + $60 annual administration fee
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
You will develop an appreciation of mathematical concepts and strategies to solve a wide range of mathematical problems.
For more information watch the course introduction video below.
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to
- Demonstrate and apply basic mathematical concepts covering a range of categories including; algebra, trigonometry, geometry, and differentiation and integration
- Solve for a range of mathematical problems utilising the appropriate strategies
- Demonstrate competency in the use of a general purpose computer algebra system (CAS) to resolve a range of mathematical problems
- Utilise logical and mathematical reasoning to develop sound arguments
This course is 100% internally assessed
Your course is delivered 100% online. To complete this course you will need access to a computer or device, broadband internet and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- Choose the qualification you will study the course under.
- Check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.