This online course will give you an overview of the Bachelor of Information Technology degree and an introduction to our distance learning platform. The BIT student orientation course is run at the same time as your first course enrolment in the Bachelor of Information Technology and has no credit value in the degree.
Allow approximately 3 hours study time to complete this orientation course.
Cost2019NZ students $0 + $60 annual administration fee
Unavailable to international students
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
Topics covered include
- Information and an overview about Te Tiriti o Waitangi, as it applies to the IT professional in New Zealand
- Information on relevant codes of ethics and professional organisations
- Introduction to Online Campus and Open Polytechnic services such as the Maori Office, the Library and Learning Centre.
When you have successfully completed this course, you will be able to:
- Have a high level understanding about Te Tiriti o Waitangi, as it applies to the IT professional in New Zealand
- Know where to find the codes of ethics relevant to the IT professional in New Zealand
- Be able to navigate Online Campus and Open Polytechnic services such as the Maori Office, the Library and Learning Centre.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.