This online course is designed for in-service school teachers intending to become more confident teachers of science.
Cost2019NZ students $730 + $60 annual administration fee
International students N/A + $60 annual administration fee
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
It provides you with the ability to effectively design and deliver learning experiences that support and inspire students to investigate and understand science knowledge and concepts. The activities are designed to integrate with and be useful to you within your professional practice.
Fee free offer
Courses offered under OP7611 Graduate Certificate in Primary Science Teaching (Curriculum) Level 7 qualifications are currently fee free. Check out the Fee free offer tab on the qualification web page for information.
Please note: This fee free offer applies only to the Graduate Certificate in Primary Science Teaching (Curriculum). The fee free offer does not apply when enrolling in single courses under our Course Only (Certificate of Proficiency) option.
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to
- Describe their understanding of what constitutes an effective science learning experience
- Justify why inquiry based learning should/should not be used in a particular science teaching context
- Create a teaching plan (or other required documentation of their context) to represent an original science investigation or activity which translates the requirements of the national science curriculum into a learning experience suited to the context
- Source, assess and adapt teaching and/or learning resources to support a science learning experience
- Evaluate an implemented plan in terms of its design and implementation, its effectiveness in achieving the intended science content, and its effectiveness in supporting and inspiring students to investigate and understand science knowledge and concepts.
This course is 100% internally assessed
No textbooks are required for this course
Your course is delivered 100% online. To complete this course you will need access to a computer or device, broadband internet and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.