This course will further develop your knowledge of the major psychological disorders and broaden the awareness of the practical issues involved in working in mental health. More specifically, it will explore the current issues in service delivery in our current climate on both a personal and an organisational/institutional level. This course makes extensive use of case vignettes to illustrate a range of psychological disorders and the complexity of service delivery.
Delivery type2019Trimester 2 2019
Allow 10-12 hours study time per week for each 20 credit course.
Cost2019NZ students $730 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $2,254 + $60 annual administration fee
Topics covered include
- Mental health care in the Aotearoa/ New Zealand context
- Professional issues for mental health professionals
- Ethics, accountability and clinical safety
- Treatment paradigms
- Treatment issues for common mental health diagnoses
To enrol in this course you must consent to a check of your police record. A history of criminal conviction may prevent you from attending the compulsory practicum and therefore from entry to this course. If you have a history of criminal conviction, please contact us to discuss your options.
This course is 100% internally assessed
No textbooks are required for this course
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications: