This course provides the opportunity to develop specialist knowledge and skills essential for the understanding and management of library services for children and young people.
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
Topics covered include
- library services for children and young people in schools and public libraries
- identifying and responding to literacy and information-seeking requirements of children and young people
- planning and managing collections targeted at children and young people, including collection development, marketing, promotion and programming
- professional issues, current issues; and
- research and future trends.
We also recommend you study 72276 Literature & Information Resources for Children & Young Adults before you enrol in this course. If you do not have the prerequisites we may consider an alternative relevant library qualification.
This course is 100% internally assessed
No textbooks are required for this course
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
Lecturer / Tutor
You can do this course as part of these qualifications: