Knowledge of Electronic Document Management (EDM) processes is a key requirement for anyone working in the information management field, although the implications of non-compliance are often overlooked. After completing this online course, you will have an understanding of concepts relating to the accessibility of information, its retrieval, dissemination, storage and archiving requirements within the electronic context. You will also be familiar with the different systems and formats used by electronic documents and records, and be aware of key issues surrounding their ongoing management.
Delivery type2019Trimester 2 2019
Allow 10-12 hours study time per week for each 20 credit course.
Cost2019NZ students $730 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $2,254 + $60 annual administration fee
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
Note: You will need a basic understanding of records management to enrol in this course. It is strongly recommended that 72175 Principles of Records Management should be completed before taking this course. Alternatively, relevant work experience equivalent to the skills in 72175 may be an acceptable entrant requirement for this course.
After successfully completing this course, you will be able to
- Identify different document management systems and evaluate the appropriateness of different electronic document formats in relation to dissemination, access, retrieval, storage and archiving.
- Analyse organisation and information management requirements for managing electronic documents.
- Evaluate information technology requirements for managing electronic documents in a range of organisations.
This course is 100% internally assessed
No textbooks are required for this course
Your course is delivered 100% online. To complete this course you will need access to a computer or device, broadband internet and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
Lecturer / Tutor
You can do this course as part of these qualifications: