This course covers analytical skills in marketing management, with particular emphasis on situation analysis, marketing strategy and planning, and implementation of integrated marketing programmes. It looks at the role of strategic marketing planning, market analysis, developing marketing programmes, marketing planning and review, and the contemporary marketing environment and issues.
Delivery type2019Trimester 2 2019
Allow 10-12 hours study time per week for each 20 credit course.
Cost2019NZ students $730 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $2,254 + $60 annual administration fee
Exam dates2019Trimester 2, 15 Oct 2019
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to
- Evaluate marketing management theories and tools.
- Conduct in-depth situational analysis in the context of contemporary marketing management.
- Apply financial problem-solving techniques to marketing opportunity analysis
- Develop sales and market forecasts using situational analysis information
- Formulate marketing objectives and strategies
- Formulate marketing mix programmes to support the choice of marketing strategy
- Analyse key steps of a marketing planning process and discuss the barriers to successful marketing implementation.
- Prescribe and justify control systems for effective implementation of marketing strategies.
60% internally assessed
For more information and a full list of exam times see our examinations page.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
Lecturer / Tutor
You can do this course as part of these qualifications:
Certificate of Proficiency
- Bachelor of Applied Management (OP7080)
- Bachelor of Business (OP700101)
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting and Management) (OP700107)
- Bachelor of Business (Management) (OP700104)
- Bachelor of Business (Marketing) (OP700152)
- Graduate Certificate in Business (Level 7) (OP7411)
- Graduate Certificate in Marketing (Level 7) (OP7413)