This online course is designed to give you an understanding of the knowledge and skills for management in organisations.
Delivery type2019Trimester 2 & 3 2019
Allow 10-12 hours study time per week for each 20 credit course.
Cost2019NZ students $730 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $2,254 + $60 annual administration fee
Exam dates2019Trimester 1, 10 Jun 2019
Trimester 2, 15 Oct 2019
Trimester 3, 13 Feb 2020
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
For more information watch the course introduction video below.
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to
- Describe management and the purpose of organisations.
- Understand the development of management philosophies and their influence on current management practices.
- Use analytical tools to evaluate the impact that internal and external environments have on organisations.
- Understand the influence of ethics and social responsibility on decision making.
- Understand the purpose of planning and control and apply processes to a given situation.
- Evaluate two types of organisational structures and recommend a structure for a given situation.
- Understand and apply ways to lead and motivate individuals and teams.
- Discuss two frameworks of change management in the context of a contemporary issue in an organisation.
This programme is delivered online so you will need to have regular access to a computer or device, a reliable broadband internet connection and a data plan to be able to support your online learning. You will need to stream videos, download content and submit assessments online. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
To pass this course, students must attempt all assessments, achieve an overall mark of 50% or higher and a minimum of 40% in the final Examination.
For more information and a full list of exam times see our examinations page.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
Lecturer / Tutor
You can do this course as part of these qualifications:
Certificate of Proficiency
- Bachelor of Applied Management (OP7080)
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Psychology) (OP701026)
- Bachelor of Business (OP700101)
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting) (OP700109)
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting and Management) (OP700107)
- Bachelor of Business (Human Resource Management) (OP700110)
- Bachelor of Business (Management) (OP700104)
- Bachelor of Business (Marketing) (OP700152)