In this course you will apply knowledge of current employment relations legislation, processes and practices, and understand the relationship of the parties involved.
Cost2019NZ students $730 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $2,254 + $60 annual administration fee
Exam dates2019Trimester 1, 12 Jun 2019
For more information watch the course introduction video below.
Once you have completed your study of this course you should be able to
- explain key factors influencing the development of employment relations
- explain how key current legislation affects the employment relationship
- apply legal provisions to analyse the nature of the relationship between parties
- critique and analyse the legal provisions applying to the creation of employment agreements
- analyse an employment agreement negotiation
- explain the legal provisions and principles applying to the resolution of employment relationship problems covered by the Employment Relations Act 2000, and identify lawful, effective procedures that may be applied to manage a range of circumstances in which the termination of a contract of service may arise.
Your course is delivered 100% online. To complete this course you will need access to a computer or device, broadband internet and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
Assessment 40% in-course, examination 60%
For more information and a full list of exam times see our examinations page.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.