In this course you will understand the roles, functions and application of human resource management within modern New Zealand organisations.
Delivery type2019Trimester 2 2019
Allow 10-12 hours study time per week for each 20 credit course.
Cost2019NZ students $730 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $2,254 + $60 annual administration fee
Exam dates2019Trimester 2, 15 Oct 2019
Once you have completed your study of this course you should be able to
- evaluate the inter-relationship between human resource management, organisations and their environment
- develop job documentation for organisational and employment purposes in a given situation
- evaluate and select recruitment and selection options for a given situation
- understand the role of performance management and its contribution to organisational effectiveness, retention and motivation of employees
- apply principles of workplace learning to develop a training programme to meet individual and organisational needs
- understand how to develop equitable reward structures from a given set of data and develop a base pay structure
- apply an understanding of current legislative requirements for health and safety in the workplace to a given situation.
40% internally assessed
For more information and a full list of exam times see our examinations page.
No textbooks are required for this course
Your course is delivered 100% online. To complete this course you will need access to a computer or device, broadband internet and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.