In this course you will understand the functions of operations management and apply techniques to ensure efficient and effective production of goods and services.
Delivery type2019Trimester 3 2019
Allow 10-12 hours study time per week for each 20 credit course.
Cost2019NZ students $730 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $2,254 + $60 annual administration fee
Exam dates2019Trimester 3, 13 Feb 2020
For more information watch the course introduction video below.
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to
- Analyse the nature of operations management and the role of the operations manager in particular situations.
- Explain quality management, and apply quality management techniques to improve operations in particular situations.
- Select and justify appropriate facilities and processes to ensure efficient provision of a product, whether a service or a good.
- Discuss performance management and determine appropriate measures and controls of performance in operations.
- Understand capacity management, apply techniques relating to resource planning, and recommend actions appropriate for particular situations.
- Understand supply chain management, inventory management and materials management and apply this understanding to particular situations.
Internal assessment 60%
Your course is delivered 100% online. To complete this course you will need access to a computer or device, broadband internet and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.