In this course you will apply knowledge of taxation rules to New Zealand taxable entities in a range of situations.
Delivery type2019Trimester 2 2019
Allow 10-12 hours study time per week for each 20 credit course.
Cost2019NZ students $730 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $2,254 + $60 annual administration fee
Exam dates2019Trimester 2, 17 Oct 2019
Once you have completed this course you should be able to:
- recognise and calculate income
- recognise and calculate deductions and prepare a statement of taxable income
- apply the rules associated with the calculation and payment of taxes
- summarise features of Inland Revenue administered schemes, calculate tax credits for individuals, and prepare the IR3 return
- apply the taxation rules for partnerships and close companies and prepare the relevant Inland Revenue returns
- apply the Goods and Services Tax (GST) rules and prepare the GST return
- apply the Fringe Benefit Tax (FBT) rules and calculate FBT payable.
This course is delivered 100% online. This means you will access your course materials and submit assignments online.
For online learning you need access to a computer or device, and reliable internet. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
There is a textbook required for this course. Visit our textbook page for more information.
Assessment for this course is:
- 40% in-course
- 60% examination.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
Lecturer / Tutor
You can do this course as part of these qualifications: