In this course you will apply financial management knowledge and skills to a small or medium-sized business for decision-making purposes.
Delivery type2019Trimester 3 2019
Allow 10-12 hours study time per week for each 20 credit course.
Cost2019NZ students $730 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $2,254 + $60 annual administration fee
Exam dates2019Trimester 3, 12 Feb 2020
Once you have completed this course you should be able to:
- examine the role of business finance in small and medium entities, and the business finance environment
- apply capital budgeting techniques and evaluate investment decisions
- apply working capital techniques to manage the finances of a business
- compare and contrast financing options, and make recommendations for given business situations
- examine capital structure and cost of capital, and calculate the cost of capital
- assess the inter-relationship of financial management issues for a given business situation and provide recommendations.
Before you enrol in this course, we recommend you complete:
To study this course you also need access to a computer, the Internet and email.
Assessment for this course is:
- 40% in-course
- 60% examination.
For more information about exams, including a full list of exam times check our exam information page:
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.