In this course you will apply the regulatory and technical aspects of financial accounting and external reporting for companies and evaluate financial and non-financial information.
Cost2019NZ students $730 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $2,254 + $60 annual administration fee
Exam dates2019Trimester 1, 11 Jun 2019
When you have completed this course you should be able to
- process transactions relating to the formation of a company and changes to shareholder equity, and analyse relevant implications
- examine the New Zealand Accounting Standards Framework
- apply aspects of accounting standards in the preparation and presentation of general purpose financial reports for a company
- critically review, analyse, and interpret financial and non-financial information and effectively communicate conclusions for the purpose of shareholder investment
- explain the purpose of and apply the current accounting requirements for consolidated financial statements.
To study this course you will need access to a computer, the Internet and email.
There is a textbook required for this course. Visit our textbook page for more information.
Assessment for this course is:
- 40% in-course
- 60% examination.
For more information about exams, including a full list of exam times see our exam page.
You can find a full description of New Zealand Diploma in Business course prescriptions on the New Zealand Qualifications Authority website.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.