In this course you will have a working knowledge of basic marketing concepts relevant to modern organisations.
Delivery type2019Trimester 3 2019
Allow 10-12 hours study time per week for each 20 credit course.
Cost2019NZ students $730 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $2,254 + $60 annual administration fee
Exam dates2019Trimester 1, 14 Jun 2019
Trimester 3, 14 Feb 2020
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
When you have successfully completed this course you will be able to:
- understand the philosophy of marketing within different organisations
- identify and analyse the environmental factors for marketing decisions
- identify and evaluate information needed for marketing decision making
- understand factors influencing buyer behaviour
- understand and apply the concepts of segmentation, targeting and positioning for marketing decisions
- understand the need to set, monitor and control marketing objectives
- recommend and justify marketing strategies to meet marketing objectives for a chosen product and/or service.
Assessment for this course is:
- 60% internally assessed
- 40% exam.
For more information about examinations including a full list of exam times see our examination information page.
There is a textbook required for this course. Visit our textbook page for more information.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.