Freephone: 0508 650 200
This course is designed to give students an understanding of the knowledge and skills for management in organisations. For more information watch the course introduction video below.
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
Allow approximately 10-12 hours study time per week for each 20 credit course. This may be higher around assessment due dates or exam time.
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to:
1. Describe management and the purpose of organisations.
2. Understand the development of management philosophies and their influence on current management practices.
3. Use analytical tools to evaluate the impact that internal and external environments have on organisations.
4. Understand the influence of ethics and social responsibility on decision making.
5. Understand the purpose of planning and control and apply processes to a given situation.
6. Evaluate two types of organisational structures and recommend a structure for a given situation.
7. Understand and apply ways to lead and motivate individuals and teams.
8. Discuss two frameworks of change management in the context of a contemporary issue in an organisation.
This programme is delivered online so you will need to have regular access to a computer or device, a reliable broadband internet connection and a data plan to be able to support your online learning. You will need to stream videos, download content and submit assessments online. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
60% In-course, 40% Examination
To pass this course, students must attempt all assessments, achieve an overall mark of 50% or higher and a minimum of 40% in the final Examination.
For more information and a full list of exam times see our examinations page.