This course is designed to give students an understanding of the knowledge and skills for management in organisations. For more information watch the course introduction video below.
Delivery type2019Trimester 2 & 3 2019
Allow 10-12 hours study time per week for each 20 credit course.
Cost2019NZ students $730 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $2,254 + $60 annual administration fee
Exam dates2019Trimester 1, 10 Jun 2019
Trimester 2, 15 Oct 2019
Trimester 3, 13 Feb 2020
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
When you successfully complete this course you will be able to:
- describe management and the purpose of organisations.
- understand the development of management philosophies and their influence on current management practices.
- use analytical tools to evaluate the impact that internal and external environments have on organisations.
- understand the influence of ethics and social responsibility on decision making.
- understand the purpose of planning and control and apply processes to a given situation.
- evaluate two types of organisational structures and recommend a structure for a given situation.
- understand and apply ways to lead and motivate individuals and teams.
- discuss two frameworks of change management in the context of a contemporary issue in an organisation.
This programme is delivered online. This means you will access your course materials and submit assignments online.
For online learning you need regular access to a computer or device, and reliable internet.
If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
Assessments for this course are:
- 60% in-course
- 40% examination.
To pass this course you must attempt all assessments and achieve an overall mark of 50% or higher, and a minimum of 40% in the final Examination.
For more information about exams, including a full list of exam times see our exam page:
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.