In this course you will apply elements of economic theory to contemporary business issues.
Delivery type2019Trimester 2 & 3 2019
Allow 10-12 hours study time per week for each 20 credit course.
Cost2019NZ students $730 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $2,254 + $60 annual administration fee
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
For more information watch the course introduction video below.
Once you have completed this course you should be able to:
- understand the nature of economics and the methodology used to analyse the economic problem
- apply the supply and demand model to explain the behaviour of markets
- analyse the firm's profit maximising behaviour in the different market structures
- evaluate the role of government in conditions of market failure
- apply macroeconomic concepts and models to understand and aggregate the economy
- analyse how government affects the macroeconomy
- evaluate the effects of international trade and changes in the global
- economy on New Zealand.
This course is 100% internally assessed.
No textbooks are needed for this course.
This course is delivered online. This means you will access all of your course materials and submit assignments online.
For online learning you need to regular access to a computer or device, and reliable internet. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please get in touch before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.