In this online course you will learn about commercial law and be able to apply legal reasoning.
Delivery type2019Trimester 2 & 3 2019
Allow 10-12 hours study time per week for each 20 credit course.
Cost2019NZ students $730 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $2,254 + $60 annual administration fee
Exam dates2019Trimester 1, 12 Jun 2019
Trimester 2, 16 Oct 2019
Trimester 3, 12 Feb 2020
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
Once you have completed this course you should be able to:
- explain core elements of the New Zealand legal system and apply section five of the Interpretation Act to a legislative provision
- apply the basic principles of Tort of Negligence to a given situation
- apply the basic principles of the law of contract to given situation(s)
- explain the basic principles of property law and apply relevant provisions of the Sales and Goods Act to given situations
- apply basic principles of consumer law to given situations
- demonstrate an awareness of an aspect of a legal topic affecting business in a given situation.
Assessment for this course is:
- 50% in-course assessment
- 50% examination.
For more information about exams, including a full list of exam times go to our exam page:
This course is delivered online. This means you will access all course materials and submit assignments online.
For online learning you need to have access to a computer or device, and reliable internet. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please get in touch before applying to enrol.