In this course you will record and process financial transactions and prepare financial statements and cash budgets for entities, in accordance with current accounting practices.
Delivery type2019Trimester 3 2019
Allow 10-12 hours study time per week for each 20 credit course.
Cost2019NZ students $730 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $2,254 + $60 annual administration fee
Exam dates2019Trimester 1, 13 Jun 2019
Trimester 3, 13 Feb 2020
Once you have completed this course you should be able to:
- manually process transactions from source documents to trial balance for a sole trader
- process transactions, using commercial accounting software, to prepare financial statements for a small company registered for GST
- demonstrate knowledge of internal controls
- process balance day adjustments and prepare financial statements
- compare the key differences in the financial statements for entities and prepare financial statements
- prepare, using spreadsheet software, a cash budget incorporating GST.
Before you enrol in this course, we recommend you study:
To study this course you also need access to a computer, the Internet and email.
Set texts and software requirements
There is a textbook required for this course. Visit our textbook page for more information:
You will use MYOB software in this course. This will be provided online for you to download free of charge.
Assessment for this course is:
- 60% In-course
- 40% examination.
For more information, including a full list of exam times see our exam information page.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.