In this course you will understand financial statements and reports and be able to analyse and interpret business performance for sole traders and small companies.
Delivery type2019Trimester 2 & 3 2019
Allow 10-12 hours study time per week for each 20 credit course.
Cost2019NZ students $730 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $2,254 + $60 annual administration fee
Exam dates2019Trimester 1, 10 Jun 2019
Trimester 2, 14 Oct 2019
Trimester 3, 12 Feb 2020
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
Once you have completed your study of this course you should be able to
- understand the purpose of accounting and its relationship to the
New Zealand business environment
- understand accounting policies and prepare financial statements using accrual based accounting for a sole trader and/or a company
- analyse and report on business performance for a sole trader or company
- demonstrate an understanding of management accounting tools.
To study this course you will require access to a computer, the Internet and email.
There is a textbook required for this course. Visit our textbook page for more information.
Assessment 40% in-house (includes online assessment), 60% Examination.
Exam information for this course is listed above. For more information and a full list of exam times see our examinations page.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.