This online course enables student to gain the skills necessary for leading others in the team, training them in the use of decontamination, sterilisation and storage procedures and observing and verifying that they have met the required workplace standards.
For each credit, allow about 10 hours of study.
Cost2019NZ students $730 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $1,419 + $60 annual administration fee
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
Students enrolling in this course will be required to lead an individual or team in a small project; to plan and deliver two training sessions and to verify the work of a person completing assessments for two of the level 3 sterilising courses. Students will need to have their work verified by a suitably experienced person.
- Leadership styles
- Using leadership in the workplace
- Supporting the team to work effectively
- Workplace training methods
- Creating a positive learning environment
- The verification process
Students will be able to:
- Identify and use appropriate leadership styles in the workplace
- Establish team behavioural expectations and standards
- Facilitate a team in its work
- Prepare for on-job training for adult trainees
- Deliver on-job training for adult trainees
- Create and maintain a positive learning environment
- Prepare for the verification process
- Verify trainee’s evidence
- Complete verification process.
There are three assessments per course.
A pass will be awarded to students who gain a minimum of 50% of the available marks overall and not less than 40% in any individual assessment item.
Some courses will require verification from a workplace verifier.
Students must be employed in a health service organisation providing reprocessing of reusable medical devices.
Applicants may be asked to provide evidence of employment and sterilising technology understanding to support their application.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.