Freephone: 0508 650 200
Open Polytechnic began life as the Technical Correspondence School in 1946, providing resettlement training for returned servicemen and women following World War II. In 1963, it became the Technical Correspondence Institute (TCI) and began offering national training in trades subjects.
As part of wider education reforms, the institution was renamed The Open Polytechnic of New Zealand in 1990, becoming the specialist national provider of open and distance learning at tertiary level.
The following years were a period of profound transformation, with many new programmes and courses introduced in response to market demand.
Open Polytechnic also adopted internationally proven models for distance learning course design, student support and quality control.
In a new phase, Open Polytechnic is now developing an expanding range of online courses and services.