If you have not successfully completed study at Level 5 or higher you need to pass an online entry test before enrolling in the psychology major of this qualification.
Under 20 years
If you are under 20 years of age, you will be accepted into a Level 5 (or higher) course if you have one of the following:
- At least 60 credits at NCEA Level 3.
- Passes in Level 5 degree courses that are recognised in New Zealand.
- An overseas qualification assessed to be equivalent to one of these by the Academic Adviser.
- Passes in other certificate/diploma qualifications or courses considered appropriate by the Academic Adviser.
If you don’t meet these criteria, contact us. We will then consider the probability of you passing the course and make a decision before approving your application.
20 years and over
If you are 20 years of age or older, you will be able to enrol in Level 5 courses after consultation with us. We recommend that you think carefully about both your previous education achievements and your personal commitments before choosing which course to enrol in. If this will be your first enrolment at tertiary level, we strongly advise you to think about doing our Certificate in Tertiary Study Skills first.
You need to be able to read and write well in English so you can write your assignments and understand written English course materials. If you choose courses with workshops, practical and/or on-the-job assessments, you will need to speak English fluently and understand spoken English easily.
If English is not your first language, you must supply evidence of one of the following with your enrolment application:
- A minimum score of 550 in TOEFL.
- A minimum grade of 6 in IELTS (academic) with no sub-score less than 5.5.
- A minimum grade of 7 in IELTS (academic) for all Bachelor of Engineering Technology courses.
- Passes in other recognised English proficiency tests subject to the Academic Registrar’s discretion.
- Evidence of successful study at another New Zealand tertiary institution.