- At least 60 credits at NCEA Level 3, or
- Passes in Level 5 courses that are recognised in New Zealand, or
- An overseas qualification assessed to be equivalent to one of these by the programme leader, or
- Passes in other certificate/diploma qualifications or courses considered appropriate by the programme leader.
If you don't meet these criteria, please contact us. We will then consider the likelihood of you being successful based on your prior learning and/or other qualifications. We recommend that you think carefully about both your previous education achievements and your personal commitments before choosing which programme to enrol in. If this will be your first enrolment at tertiary level, we strongly advise you to think about doing our Certificate in Tertiary Study Skills first.
English is the language of study at Open Polytechnic. You will need to be able to read and write well in English so that you can understand course materials and also submit written assessments. There are criteria that must be met if English is not your first language. Find out more about English language requirements
or contact us.
If you are an international student residing in New Zealand and studying part-time, you need to have:
- a verified valid work permit/visa. Please note the expiry date must be after the end date of your course, and either
- a Variation of Conditions allowing study at Open Polytechnic, or
- a letter of authorisation from your employer (on letterhead) confirming that you need to undertake this training as part of your job.
International fees must be paid in full at the time of enrolment.
Find out more about studying with Open Polytechnic as an
international student here.