This qualification is open for admission throughout the year and each course starts on the first Monday of the month you choose for enrolment.
How to enrol
To apply for admission, select the course(s) you wish to enrol in below and complete our online enrolment application form. Due to the study load requirements, we recommend that you enrol in 4301 and complete it before enrolling in 4302.
During the online application process you will be asked the below information. You can save and exit from your online enrolment application at any time if you do not have all of the required information with you.
We will ask you to:
- Confirm that you can meet the volunteer or work requirements of the qualification.
- Provide the name of the ECE service which you are volunteering/working in.
- Download a Verification of Police Vetting form and give it to the person who is responsible for approving police clearances in your ECE service OR download and complete an NZ Police Vetting Service, Request and Consent form if your workplace does not have your police clearance on file. Your completed Verification of Police Vetting form can be uploaded back into the online application form. Your completed NZ Police Vetting Service, Request and Consent form needs to be returned to us in person or by post. Return options are listed on the form that you will download and complete.
- Disclose if you have ever been convicted of an offence against the law, including traffic infringements, in any country.
- Give us your New Zealand Home-based Early Childhood Education Association membership number if you are a current member.
- Give us the name, email address and phone number of one person who knows you in a professional capacity and has agreed to provide a confidential report in support of your application. If you do not have the email address of your referee, you will be asked to download a Referee Report form and give it to your referee to complete and return to us by post. Your referee cannot be a close friend or relative.
Your enrolment application cannot be processed until all required documentation has been received.
Barnardos and NZ HomeBased Childcare Association Educators and Members
If you are a Barnardos educator please download the below documents and give them to your Barnardos Visiting Teacher who will assist you with the enrolment process.
All Barnardos enrolments are coordinated through a central Barnardos administrator. Please do not enrol online.
- Download the Verification of Police Vetting form (if your workplace has your police clearance on file)
- Download the NZ Police Vetting Service, Request and Consent form (if your workplace does not have your police clearance on file)
- Download the Referees Report form. Please give the form to one person who knows you in a professional capacity and has agreed to provide a confidential report in support of your application. Your referee needs to complete the form and return it to us by post.
All pricing will be confirmed following the processing of your enrolment application.