A minimum of NCEA Level 2 or equivalent is required.
English language requirements
You will need to be able to read and write well in English so you can write your assignments and understand written English course materials. If you choose courses with workshops, practical and/or on-the-job assessments, you will need to speak English fluently and understand spoken English easily.
If English is not your first language, you must supply evidence of one of the following with your enrolment application:
- A minimum score of 550 in TOEFL.
- A minimum grade of 6 in IELTS (academic) with no sub-score less than 5.5.
- A minimum grade of 7 in IELTS (academic) for all Bachelor of Engineering Technology courses.
- Passes in other recognised English proficiency tests subject to the Academic Registrar’s discretion.
- Evidence of successful study at another New Zealand tertiary institution.