This qualification is open for admission throughout the year and anyone can enrol.
You need to be able to read and write well in English so you can write your assignments and understand written English course materials.
If you choose courses with workshops or practical and/or on-the-job assessments, you will need to speak English fluently and understand spoken English easily.
You will need:
- A minimum grade of 6 in IELTS (academic) with no sub-score less than 5.5; or
- A minimum score of 550 (essay 4 TWE) in TOEFL (pBT) or 80 (writing 21) in TOEFL (iBT); or
- Passes in other recognised English proficiency tests subject to the Academic Registrar's discretion; or
- Evidence of successful study at another New Zealand tertiary institution; or
- At least 5 years of study at a secondary school where English is the language of instruction.