Open Polytechnic Library
Open Polytechnic Library is free, convenient and easy to use.
Who can use the library?
- Open Polytechnic students
- Te Tari Puna Ora o Aotearoa students
- External members
- lends recommended and additional resources listed in your course materials, with free courier delivery to your door and a pre-paid return courier envelope
- provides access to books, e-books, DVDs and journal, magazine and newspaper articles that are relevant to your subject
- provides access to online databases you can search to find resources about your subject
Library staff are friendly and knowledgeable. They can help you:
- determine the best sources to search for information about your topic
- search for information about your subject
You can access the library here or, for more information, contact the library.
External membership of the library
You can become an external member of the Open Polytechnic Library if you are resident in New Zealand and pay a fee.
As an external member, you can:
- visit and use the library in person
- use the library by distance
- contact the library by freephone or email
- borrow from the lending collection
- reserve items out on loan
- access the online catalogue and selected databases
- use the reference service to request searches
- have access to our courier delivery and return service (distance service option only)
Library fees for external members
The fee for external membership of the library is payable in advance, includes GST and is for a 12-month period.
The fees are:
- walk-in users – $225
- distance users – $410
To join the library as an external member, fill in the membership form below and return it with your payment to:
Private Bag 31914
Lower Hutt 5040
Attn: Finance – Accounts Receivable
Once we’ve processed your application, one of our library staff will contact you to confirm that your membership is active.
Visit the library now